5 AMAZING 4K HOME THEATER PROJECTORS IN 2018: In Depth Reviews
Do you Need the best 4k home theater projectors in your house?
Well, in this article we gave a detailed explanation on each 4k home theater projectors with there availabities and pricing from amazon.
Have you imagined the amazing beauty of having pictures larger than 100 inches on screen? What about the awesomeness of viewing varieties of Blu-ray movies across the walls of your home? Do you wish to increase you gaming experience? Well, all thanks to technological innovation that brought about home theater projectors, you can now experience the glamour and elegance of the cinema from the comfort of your home. Click to tweet this
WHAT ARE 4K HOME THEATER PROJECTORS
Even with the advent of home theater projectors, there remained a never ending demand for higher performing projectors for maximum viewing pleasure. In satisfying this high demand, technology went as far as birthing the relishing 4K home theater projectors which are 4 times 1080p (1920×1080 pixels also referred to as Full High Definition). 4K came into reality in 2003 when the first commercial 4K camera for cinematography was designed. Sony amazed the world when they released the first 4K home theater projector in 2012.
4K home theater projectors have a horizontal screen display with 4000 pixel resolution. Some features of 4K home theater projection includes: Lifelike images, pro-style cinema lens, real-life clarity, dominant contrast, best and most favorable brightness, large color spectrum, natural color etc. tweet this
In this article the best five 4K home theater projectors were choose according to user preference. Most users like Sony while others may not, that’s why the best five 4K home theater projectors in this article vary with company.
SONY VPL-VW350ES HOME PROJECTOR
Perfect color output, amazing contrast, DCI Cinematic Resolution, awesome luminance, and 4K Ultra High Definition, all of these appears in one of Sony’s VPL series; The VW350ES. Tweet
- 4K (4096 x 2160) x3 / 26,542,080 pixels in Ultra High Definition (UHD) for its Resolution
- Compatible with EDTV (480p), NTSC, PAL, SDTV (480i), SECAM and 3D( with emitter and TDG-BT500A 3d glasses)
- Ports include HDMI (2 inputs), Digital RGB/Y/Pb(Cb) Pr(Cr), IR Input (Mini jack), LAN (RJ45, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX), Remote (RS-232C), Trigger (Mini jack, DC12V Max. 100mA) and USB (DC 5V Max. 500mA)
- Ratio of power zoom lens is 2.06:1 with contrast ratio 200,000:1
- Lamp output is 1500 Im lasting up to 2 to 3000 hours
- Brightness capacity is measured to be 350cd/m2
- Size of projection is 60 to 300 inches
- Weighs 30.6 pounds with a dimension of 19.51 x 7.69 x 18.25 inches
- Topnotch picture and color quality
- Great light and black level output
- Awesome video processing
- Stylish design
- Cheap compared to other Sony home theater projectors
- Hardly works with a non-native 4K video content (E.g. HD videos, HD Blu-ray disc and DVD videos)
- No HDR enhancements
- Expensive compared to other 4K home theater projectors
The price of the VW350ES is quite low compared to other Sony home theater projectors as well as other native 4K home theater projectors. Meanwhile, among its 4K home theater projector counterparts of other companies, it is very expensive.
$4,999.00 Check amazon.com
LG HU80KA CINEBEAM LASER HOME PROJECTOR
To escape the stress and inconvenience of professional mounting of home projectors, LG HU80KA comes to the rescue with its trash-can-like build that gives the user a variety of choice on where to place it with ease as well as temporal mounting in case of change of its location. Click to Tweet
- 4K Ultra High Definition
- Vertical height of Two and a half feet weighing 15 Ibs
- eXpanded Pixel Resolution (XPR) technology
- Variety of Setup Options (Horizontal or Vertical)
- Size of projection is 40 to 150 inches
- Brightness is 2500 lumens with contrast ratio of 150,000:1
- Compatible with HDR10, DLNA, USB and Bluetooth
- Life span up to 20,000 hours with Laser (LD + Phosphor wheel) lamp
- Automatic detection and correction of image distortion (Keystone adjustment)
- TruMotion and Wireless technology
- Less noise during usage
- In-built streaming apps (Netflix, YouTube etc.)
- Easy setup
- In-built TV function
- Superb 4K HDR display
- Easy transportation
- Keystone adjustment
- Limited time use due to the laser lamp
Even with all its amazing features and portability, it still falls in the range of affordable home theater projectors with 4K picture display.
$2,996.99 Check amazon.com
BENQ HT2550 HOME PROJECTOR
This projector is the answer to the question; ‘Can I get a cheap 4K home theater projector?’ The BenQ HT2550 is 3D capable with an Ultra High Definition and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) chipset.
- 4K Ultra High Definition
- 2200 lumens in brightness
- Weighs 10 Ibs
- Zoom lens is 1.2x
- Displays in SDR, HDR, 3D
- Ports: HDMI (2 ports: HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 with 18 Gbps bandwidth and a standard HDMI with 10.2 Gbps)
- 50 milliseconds input lag
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) chipset (0.47”)
- Minimal Fan noise
- Deep bass speakers
- Lamp life spans from 4000-15000 hours
- Three years warranty
- Awesome HDR Display
- Compact and light
- Superb color accuracy
- Excellent brightness
- Splendid 3D performance
- Not impressive black levels
- Low input lag
- High noise in full mode
With its high 3D performance it comes in the range of the cheapest home theater projectors among its 4K counterparts.bluehost
$1,499.00 Check amazon.com
VIVITEK HK2288 HOME PROJECTOR
Talking about quality build Vivitek HK2288 satisfies this criterion with its solid casework. It also has a vertical lens shift that is not present in most 4K projectors.
- 4K Ultra High Definition (2716 x 1528 x 2) pixels, SDR, DLP and HDR
- 2000 lumens brightness and 1,000,000:1 contrast
- 6 segment color wheel (RGBRGB) and color temperature control
- Manual Zoom lens of 1.5x
- Weighs 20 Ibs
- Three HDMI inputs (all HDCP 2.2)
- Input lag is 62 milliseconds
- Lamp life span: 2500 – 5000 hours of 310 watts
- 10 watt speaker
- Three years warranty available
- Strong build
- Vertical lens shift
- Three HDMI ports all HDCP 2.2
- Inexpensive compared to other 4K home theater projectors
- Low sound
- No 3D and trigger
- High fan noise
Complementing its strong and durable build, this home theater is quite affordable in the 4K series.
$1,099.00 Check amazon.com
OPTOMA UHD60 HOME PROJECTOR
If you wish to have a nice time at home with total quietness, the Optoma UHD60 stands out, accompanied with its high lumen and 4K projection.
- 4K (2716 x 1528) pixels with Ultra High Definition, SDR and HDR
- Brightness: 3000 lumens
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) chipset (0.66”)
- Two speakers (4 watts each)
- 6x zoom lens and 1,000,000:1 contrast
- Lamp life span within 4000 – 15,000 hours
- Ports: HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, S/PDIF
- Connectivity: MHL, USB, ISF,
- Vertical lens shift
- Dynamic Black Technology
- Color Management System (CMS) (Rec. 709)
- Two years warranty available
- Less noise
- Great audio
- High contrast
- No 3D
- No Keystone Adjustment
- One HDMI port supports 4K playback
Though it uses the 0.66” chipset, it is still under the $2000 range of projectors.
$1,799.00 Check amazon.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HOME THEATER PROJECTOR
#Q1. What are native 4k projectors?
A: Native 4k projectors are projectors that displays images horizontally with 4,096 pixels and vertically with 2,160 pixels.
#Q2. How many lumen do you need to project in day light?
A: This depends on the brightness of the room its to be displayed. For dark rooms a lumen of 1000 to 1200 lumens are required. But room which are little bit brighter you’ll need a lumen of 2500 and more.
#Q3. How many lumen should an home theater projector have?
A: Basically home theater projectors comes with a brightness rating of 700 to 2500 lumens. But to choose the number of lumen required for purchase, you should consider first the nature of the room its to display. Because for darker rooms you’ll definitely need a projector with 1000 to 1200 lumen. But for rooms as big as classrooms or conference halls you’ll need a projector of 2000 lumen or more. If you use a projector of 2000 lumen in dark rooms the brightness will be much that it may be harmful to your eye.
#Q4. What are the best home theater projectors for the home?
A: From our research we recommend 4k home theater projectors. Therefore, projectors listed above in this article are indeed the best in 2018.
#Q5. Where can i buy a good home theater projectors? click to tweet
A. There are amazing home theaters at amazon. You can also get good home theater projectors on ebay.
4K home theater projector technology is a major boost to the world, credit to the IT industries. Though it may seem expensive but it’s definitely worth it. With their features and performance, 4K home theater projectors are indeed a worth venturing investment. Purchasing any of these projectors users are advice to check on amazon.com.
Now its your turn, did we miss any thing? do you have a recommendation? feel free to share with us.