How to add Google search console to your website
what is Google search console?
This is a free service offered by Google which helps monitor and maintain website presence on Google search result.Google search console helps you understand how google views your site and optimize its performance in search result. this service makes it easier for your site to be found on the web.
Also, get your app on Google search console.As an App developer you can configure your mobile applications to be crawled and indexed by Google.Just like a website, properly configured apps appears as links in Google search result. This enables users get to your app quickly.
Why do you need Google search console
Google search console does the following:
Discover how Google search and the world espies your site
- did some queries result in more traffic to your site than others?
- which sites are linking to your website?
- which queries caused your site to appear in search result
- is your mobile site performing well for visitors searching on mobile?
- Are your product prices,company contact information’s, or even ,are they highlighted in rich search results?
Monitor your site performance in Google search result
- makes sure that google can access your content
- create and monitor content that delivers visually engaging search results
- submit new content for crawling and remove content you dont want shown in search result
- monitor and resolve malware or spam issues for your site to stay clean
- maintain your site with minimal disruption to search performance
who should use google search console?
Any body with a website can use google search console.From newbie to advanced, from generalist to specialist. Even business owners who delegates,SEO specialist or marketers, site administrators, web developers and app developer google search console can help you.
Now having known what Google search console is all about and how it can help you as a website owner, lets go straight to how to add Google search console to your webite.
Add Google search console to your website
Before you can add Google search console to your site you must have a Google account. Below are step by step approach on how to connect you site to Google serach console.
- Go to Google search console, sign into your Google account and click add property.
- Once you click add property,type your website URL in the box and click add button. please make sure you enter your complete website URL.
- Under the alternate methods tab, copy the code for the HTML tag.
- Log in to your wordpress website,on your dashboard click on the menu, then click SEO.
- The SEO setting will expand,click on General
- Click on the “webmaster Tools” tab and add the code under “Google search console”. then click on “save changes”
- Go back to Google search console and click verify. please check image in step 3, thats the illustration.
Congratulations! you have succesfully connected your website to Google search console.
Was this article helpful? if yes share to your friends on social media so as to reach more people. Dont forget to subscribe to our community to get updates always.