How to create a blog for wordpress on bluehost
start a blog
I have been in the blog ave for quite some time and it’s been a great way to grow with my passion still intact. Blogging can be overwhelming with so much back-end work like the coding and plugins that accelerates your blog to a success. Miraculously, Bluehost emerges to bring out the blogger in you within minutes and in simple steps. Now, forward march to becoming a success story in the blog business.
BLUEHOST is a private web hosting company founded in 2003 by Matt Heaton with its headquarters located in Provo, Utah, USA. Endurance International Group the owner of bluehost is one of the 20 largest web hosts hosting over 2 million domains. Bluehost employees number is about 700 in its Utah facility.
Most importantly, Hostings offered in bluehost includes; shared hosting, wordpress hosting, VPS hosting, WooCommerce hosting, Dedicated hosting. its servers powered by PHP7, HTTP/2 and NGINX+ catching.
- Bluehost’s setup is super easy because you don’t have to worry about wandering through a complex website, it guides you through every step, simply and easily.
- With bluehost, you can create money generating blog from having a properly setup domain name and hosting service, at a price of only $3.95. (This you will be able to pay back very quickly).
- Bluehost does not only include a hosting service but it also includes a Domain Name. (A domain name is your websites Name/URL). For me, it is kabsedo.com. To receive such a domain name you normally would have to buy it at a separate website and then link that to your hosting service provider. Bluehost gives a FREE domain name with the hosting. Wow!!! This saves so much energy! You’ll love it.
- If you intend to monetize your Blog, you will need to be self-hosted. By choosing bluehost, you can startup your blog and appear super professional to your readers and potential business associates.
- Bluehost provides you with several hosting plans you can sign up to. I personally recommend signing up for the One year plan (12 months). If you want to save more money, signing up for the 36-month plan makes you pay less.
How to create a blog for WordPress on Bluehost
Below are step-by-step guide on how to create your blog on bluehost:
- Create your free domain name
- Click the “get started” button
- Choose your plan (subject to change anytime)
- Create “New Domain” or register an “Existing Domain”
- Click Next and Check if your New Domain is available – if not you might choose .net or another version or someone already uses that domain and you will need to adjust your Blog name
- Enter your Account Information
Tips: Before you think about running a Blog, creating Blog Posts and making money, you need to think about what your Blog will be all about. Before you continue with how to create your blog think about: What am I writing about? Do I create a Niche or Lifestyle Blog? Do I want to be a hobby blogger or am I intending to make a living out of this? What Blog name do I choose?!!! You need to think about a few things in advanced that will be impoetant for the future success and monetization of your blog. Therefore If you got this covered head over to Bluehost and continue with my step by step guide on “How to create a Blog”.
- Choose host for your Blog
- Select hosting Plan
- Choose/unchoose additional service
Tips: Now that you have decided on the name of your blog you can choose your hosting plan. As seen in the very first step of this guide. Bluehost offers several hosting plans and I quickly want to brush through them:
- If you are a beginner, I recommend you start with the basic plan because it contains all you need.
- After choosing your account plan, the price of any plan you choose will vary for hosting your blog on Bluehost depending on the timeframe you will select. Therefore, the longer you operate on Bluehost hosting, the cheaper it gets over time. (For 12 months, you pay $5.45 per month which is greater than $3.95 per month for 36 months). However, I think it is completely understandable that you may just want to try out Bluehost and if you like it you can increase the timeframe at any later point in time.
- Bluehost provides additional services that you can include in your hosting package for example; Domain Privacy Protection, a Search Engine Jumpstart or SiteLock security. I recommend you go for it if you’ve got the funds, especially things like Search Engine optimization (SEO) which is very important for your blog’s traffic and monetization strategy. However, if you are just a beginner Blogger, this is not necessary right from the beginning. Amazingly, Bluehost lets you add these extra services at any point in time after registration.
- Amazingly, If you ever decide to cancel your subscription with Bluehost, they will refund you the remaining unused month you already paid for (you will have to pay upfront for the plan you select). I believe this is super fair.
- Set your Password & install WordPress on Bluehost
- Choose a Password
- Login to Bluehost
- Select a Theme / Skip selection
- Start building a Blog on WordPress
Tips: After you have chosen a password, Bluehost will connect you to your Bluehost account. If you like you can then pick a Theme for your Blog. Otherwise, you can skip this step for now. I recommend you use the pre-installed basic WP theme and focus on that later when you are more experienced with the interface. If you click on “Start Building” it will transfer you to WordPress.
Difference between bluehost and wordpress
Bluehost is your hosting platform
- Domain Name
WordPress is where you manage your Blog
- See your dashboard
- Create Blog Post
- Pick a Theme
- Install Plugins
- Manage your Comments
- Change your Blog’s appearance and more.
After setting up Bluehost, You will spend only a little time on it bacause WordPress will be your main blog management tool.
GOOD JOB! YOU DID IT! You completed all the essential first steps in how to create a blog!
For additional questions on this, let me know by using the comment box, don’t forget to subscribe to our community for more updates.
- Going Live – Launch your Blog
Tips: When you click on visit site out of your WordPress login page your blog appears live! It is not, however. When you log out and type in your newly created domain name into your browser, a landing page will appear saying your blog is in progress “coming soon”. Don’t panic this is great. Basically, this means you can work on your blog design, blog posts and really get to know WordPress before everyone sees your blog. Imaging someone clicking on your site and on the next day everything looks completely different or you posted something by mistake. Take your time to really get to know WordPress until you go live with your Blog.
- Choose your Theme
- Create your Brand (Font, Color scheme etc.)
- Develop a few signature Posts and publish them
- Get to know WordPress
- Go live – LAUNCH (Menu<Bluehost<Home<Launch)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU DID IT! YOU JUST STARTED YOUR BLOG ON WORDPRESS WITH BLUEHOST.
Was this article helpful? If yes, Hit the share button.